Selling Your Business In Florida
Selling a business in Florida is a multi-faceted process that requires careful planning, strategic execution, and the expertise of seasoned professionals. Whether you're a business owner looking to retire, change industries, or simply move on to new ventures, the steps involved in selling a business can seem complex and daunting. This article aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the key stages involved in selling a business in Florida.
There are numerous steps to selling a business.
- We sign a confidentiality agreement to ensure the use of your proprietary information is for valuation and advisory purposes only.
- What is the value of my business? Determining an accurate valuation of your business may be the most important step in the entire selling process. This sets us apart from other M&A firms. We request specific financial statements to determine what a typical buyer may willing to pay.
- Marketing my Business. After an interview with you and learning everything about your business, our marketing team produces a professional CIM / OM (the marketing piece). Keep in mind, NO ONE gets specific information without signing an NDA and a vetting process.
- We have relationships with private equity groups that have an appetite for your specific industry. We also reach out to strategic buyers looking to grow through acquisition. We’re members of the IBBA (International Business Brokers Association) and M&A Source, therefore marketing internationally.
- 3rd Party Lender Qualifying. After the valuation process is complete, we send our findings to a qualified business lender to qualify the business for
- financing. Once we get confirmation, we advertise your business as “lender qualified”.
- Who is buying my business? Once the buyer has an interest in a specific business, we arrange a meeting with both the Buyer and Seller in the same room to discuss the business. When the Buyer and Seller build rapport and like each other, it’s much easier to negotiate the sale.
- I’m not ready! If you’re not quite ready to exit, or if your financials are not up to par, we can advise you on the necessary steps to get you “sale ready”.
- Confidentiality. We don’t advertise your business with your business name, address, photos, and of course, no signage. Our #2 goal is to sell your business. Our #1 goal is to sell your business without anyone knowing it’s for sale!
· Please see the “What to Expect” page on this website for more details